Monday, August 21, 2006

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

How I wish I knew who you are. It's disappointing that you roam the internet, as if you were a ghost, reading what others have to say about their beliefs and what they feel about the current environment of the land and summarily make outlandish comments about their blog. Obviously you will find sites you agree with and those with whom you disagree. That is only logical.

However, while wearing the mask of Casper, you send comments like the following,
"Utah needs more sanctimonious blogs like this. Keep up the good work. Utah has a shortage of people who are sanctimonious and full of themselves. "

I'm quite comfortable that you don't agree with my postings, as I know many won't agree with the scriptures. However, your comments have no meaning or relevance. What is so sanctimonious about them? Are the blogs who agree with your stance sanctimonious as well? That's an argument for another day.

Now I'm not sure what Anonymous is referring to as I feel my posts are fairly straightforward and True2TheFaith. Maybe Anonymous is one of those people who doesn't have a backbone and can't have a coherent discussion about eternal truths. Maybe Anonymous is one of those who used to be a believer and now has found the intelligent side of his brain and follows the philosophies of men. I don't know.

What I do know is that I will never be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the teachings therein.

So Anonymous, please step forward and reveal yourself. Don't be Casper all of your life. Step out from behind the curtain so we will all know who you are. If you are confident in your positions, you shouldn't feel the need to stand behind Anonymous.

Anonymous is for people who have no true convictions and prefer to denigrate those with whom they disagree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous is for people who have no true convictions and prefer to denigrate those with whom they disagree."

As you know very well Scott, you don't have to be anonymous to lack "true" conviction, morality or a penchant for denigrating those with whom you disagree. That you must approve all comments before they are posted and that half the posts on this page are denigrating people with whom you disagree shows you don't have a whole lot of room to lecture anyone about moral courage or open-mindedness.

T2TF said...

Dear Aonymous, thanks for commenting. If you actually read my posts, I'm not denigrating anyone. I'm in agreement and disagreement with certain positions and tactics.

And you, anonymous, obviously missed the whole point of my post. But that's OK because people who don't step up to the plate never will.