Monday, April 02, 2007

General Conference

Wow, wasn't General Conference wonderful? I thought it was fantastic. I missed the Saturday morning session because my son had baseball practice, but was able to watch the rest of it.

I was particularly stricken with the talks by Elders Ballard and Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve and Gary Coleman from the Seventy. I thought their testimonies rang through loud and clear regarding the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

President Hinckley's remarks at the close of the Sunday morning session were also wonderful and inspiring.

If you missed conference you should listen or watch it at LDS.org and hear the wonderful testimonies given by the Prophet of God and His Apostles. It's so exhilarating to be able to pitch our tents towards the tower and listen like those of old who listened to King Benjamin.

Now comes the responsibility of living up to what has been asked of us. I'm sure that my conference edition of the Ensign will be well-worn by the time October comes around.

My daughter was sad that Sister Beck was released from the Young Women's organization. Sister Beck is in our stake and we have had a few chances to meet and speak with her. She is a marvelous lady and will be an inspiration to those in the Relief Society.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to throw up every time someone says "wasn't conference great?", as if they ever say "wow, this year conference really sucked".

I thought conference sucked, to be perfectly blunt. Like always, way too scripted, sanitized, predictable, steady cadence, choreographed, drier than the Atacama.

Not spontaneous. Too many unfunny jokes. Too much GA-speak.

I'm just not digging it. But you did talk about pitching tents. That was cool. Huh huh huh

Elder Joseph said...

I didn't bother with conference this year .As an investigator I attended the last 3 conferences and found them boring and very clinical and the GA's very plastic .

I found out that I wasn't been told the truth about many things like Joseph Smith with his head in a hat to translate or dictate the book of mormon without even looking at any plates .

I found out the church continuallly misleads us about polygamy .

finally I decided I don't need to hear anymore whitewashed history and deception .

You mentioned "living up to whats required ". You never do live up to it and never will.So why pretend with Temple recommends .

Maybe you are born into it and in that case that explains why you are in it .

E J

Anonymous said...

EJ,

I am glad you posted on this TBM blog because it lead me to your blog. Great post on the head-the-hat-translation of the Book of Mormon.

Scott, you should visit EJ's blog and many others that explain LDS doctrine and history even more accurately than the church does.

If you do some searching, you'll find

the Book of Abraham is a complete fabrication and the Church has proof of this. The original documents "translated" by Smith have nothing to do with Abraham or his time period

The Book of Mormon is also a complete fabrication. Have you not ever asked yourself where all the swords, shields, and armor went? The BOM talks about MILLIONS of armed warriors. Where's the evidence? Please don't give us the crap that "it's real humid in Latin America and all the swords, shields and armor rusted away."

And this is just the start.

T2TF said...

Ah yes, Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous,

I believe everything you have written. You know the truth of all things and I will follow you wherever you go and whatever you do.

Please spare us all with the tired and old 'this is false because of this' line.

Any yes, the Book of Mormon is completely false and totally made up because you can't see all the swords, shields and armor.

You arguments are nothing more than a diatribe of those who have nothing better to do.

Conference was great. The speaker's messages were right on. They may come off as a little dry and unwitty, but the messages are true and are valid.

Good luck on your voyage to the land of beyond!